in order to develop or maintain an estate or gated community that rates amongst the top estates in the country, certain bragging rights are earned when specific features are available as a standard to the buyer.
a fibre to the home (FTTH) network with future-proof technology is a must, integrated access control solutions whereby visitor management and resident and contractor movements are controlled and reported on a single platform, and an estate management system to communicate with residents are all non-negotiables these days.
however, many fly-by-night installers without proven track records or industry credibility can very quickly turn what should have been an affordable solution, into an ongoing and expensive problem. so what should one take into account when considering which service provider to use to add value to your estate?
- make sure you understand your needs and choose a provider that can deliver a future-proof solution that caters for all of them. if you want to run IPTV and high speed internet, make sure the technology can handle it and can be scaled in future when UHD or 4K TVs become more readily available.
- ensure that the service provider owns the IP to make certain that customisation for your estate can be done in-house.
- choose an ISP that has a good track record, a solid customer base and the credentials of rolling out various types of technologies such as GPON, point to point or any hybrid version that will cater for your needs regarding FTTH. as to access control, choose an ISP that can integrate visitor management, access control and contractor management, all on one platform.
- make sure any network that is installed at your estate is at least open-access-ready. If the ISP closes down or provides terrible service, you want the ability to appoint another ISP that will be able to operate on the same network.
- negotiate a service level agreement. when using one service provider you have more room for negotiating, and while smaller operators might be cheaper, once you’ve added all the small SLA’s together, the integrator should be a better offering in most instances.
a properly installed fibre network or future-proof access control system will increase the resale value of the properties within your estate. it also minimises the risk of service downtime due to copper theft, its robust reliability ensures uninterrupted incident reporting - which is critical to show that the HOA are in control - and even allows centralised TV distribution which improves aesthetics as less satellite dishes are needed on the estate.
atec systems and technologies have been in the market since 2004, and are the distributors and IP owners of most systems we deploy. with a mixture of estates, hotels and business parks, we have been at the forefront of FTTH and integrated access control deployments as well as keeping up with and implementing new technologies.
atec systems and technologies provides various models from owning, to renting to a financed type costing model, that allows us to customise a solution suitable to the customers needs and budget.
atec, turning your private estate into a premier estate.